RE: SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC INTERPOLATION SOFTWARE RECOMMENDATIONS

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 02/21/06-06:49:08 AM Z

Hi Hamish,

There are two products that you may be interested in that use an spline
interpolation algorithm for image enlargement.

One is PhotoZoom Professional and the other is Qimage. Rather than trying to
describe the products here are the web pages for these products:

http://www.s-spline.com/ - PhotoZoom

http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/ - Qimage.

According some "experts" spline interpolation is a superior method for
digital enlarging. I know I've been impressed with Qimage, I've not use
PhotoZoom.

You may also wish to consider obtaining a noise reduction package, Noise
Ninja and Neat Image come to mind. I use Neat Image and it is quite
impressive.

Don Bryant