Re: using a scanner as a densitometer?

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 02/23/06-12:30:57 AM Z

From: Ender100@aol.com
Subject: Re: using a scanner as a densitometer?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:16:02 EST

> (by the way, I prefer the 31 step transmission — and especially the
> pretty one I designed available at
> www.PrecisionDigitalNegatives.com — Stouffer makes them for me.)

My wish list for a step wedge is to include a two-dimentional barcode
identifying the type of step wedge, density range, alignment of the
step wedge, etc. so that I can write a program to automate the reading
of the whole film by a scanner to plot a graph with no manual work. By
including a 2d barcode, I can figure out the scan resolution, which
way the steps increase the density, etc. and can read densities at the
center of each step in one shot processing.