Re: Stouffer wedge (was VDB is "Brownprint" process?)

From: Grace Taylor ^lt;gtay22@earthlink.net>
Date: 02/23/06-12:40:09 PM Z

For making digital negatives, I create my own step tablet in Photoshop
this way: Open a new window that is 12" x 2", greyscale (or RGB is
you make colorized negs) then use the gradient tool (be sure your color
squares are black and white), starting at the left margin at the 1"
mark, holding down the shift key on a Mac, go straight across to the
right margin. Then go to Image, Adjustments, Posterize. A window will
ask how many steps you want, so type in 21. Then in the info palette,
check each end to be sure they are 100 and 0. If not, redo it more
carefully. Save.

If you include the step tablet on the transparency along with your
image, apply your curve, and invert, the step tablet in the print will
show you what needs adjusting, if anything.

Hope this helps. Grace