RE: any experience with da vinci brushes

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 02/24/06-02:16:10 AM Z

Interesting... My da Vinci brushes are the ones with a black tipped red
handle (series 5080: http://www.davinci-defet.com/medien/massta50.pdf)
and never experienced rust with them (I agree that rust is a killer for
iron processes - have experienced this with relatively cheap Pebeo
brushes; in the form of dark streaks which ruins the print). Some of
these have been used since 2003 (presumably not as often as you do) and
never noticed any rust - seems like stainless to me. I don't have the
brush in front of me right now but can't remember any rivet nails (can't
see any nails in the .pdf too) - usually it's the nails that get rusty
(and that's for low quality products), not the ferrules...

Regards,
Loris.