Epson 2200 and MIS inks

From: Marek Matusz ^lt;marekmatusz@hotmail.com>
Date: 02/24/06-10:41:11 AM Z

A couple of months ago I bought some MIS ebony black ink to test in my Epson
2200. Since I did not have any good store bough paper I decided to try it on
Fabriano Artistico that I use for gum printing. Tthe paper was siezed with
gelatine as per my usual practice. I used black ink only setting on the
printer, which means only one black cartridge containg MIS ink is used for
printing. The results are amazing. Deepst rich blacks are delivered from
this cartridge, together with the finest gradation of highlights. The ink is
nice rich black, on the warm side. The prints looks sharp and crisp (some
people refer to it as a TRI X look). Absolutely stunning. The ink takes much
longer to dry and I am not sure if it is waterproof on my home made paper. I
am very excited to see if I can add some gum layers over it.
I stil have not gotten to test my photo black MIS ink replacement for
negative printing
Marek, Houston