RE: any experience with da vinci brushes

From: BOB KISS ^lt;bobkiss@caribsurf.com>
Date: 02/25/06-11:35:12 AM Z

DEAR LIST,
        I have an observation about the "stainless" part of the Magic Brushes. I love them and they coat PT/PD wonderfully. They have a little, shall we say "tarnish" at the bottom of the ferrule where it meets the bristles. It isn't brown or red like rust, it is gray. I learned when mixing my first batch of Pt solution a few years ago that the stainless steel spatula was quickly covered with a gray coating when used to measure the Pt salt. I now use only plastic or Teflon spatulas (obtained from the local university chem. lab) with no problems.
        I haven't seen any bad effects from the tarnish but I just wanted to point out that, even though it doesn't rust, the stainless steel does tarnish.
                CHEERS!
                        BOB

 Please check my website: http://www.bobkiss.com/