Re: Vandyke colors?

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 02/28/06-10:10:28 AM Z

Joe, Loris et al

I agree with both of you about the (huge) difference in colors possible
between systems and configurations. I meant to say that subjectively the
color I got seems (much) lighter then most other VDB I've seen here and
there from various people. It's more a subjective observation then an actual
fact of course. I have a density range of 0.7 on my VDB tests maybe this
will help. I know this is dependent on a few variables such as the paper,
the coating method and the RH % but it's a number, a tiny bit less
subjective I would hope.

I wonder if others experience with selenium toning (VDB) are always similar
to those obtain by Joe, I mean color wise. I know the color I see for Joe's
image #8 and #9 are not the actual colors but when compared with his other
toned image, they are the closest to what I would like to get and most
similar to other VDB images I like color wise at least on my screen.

Thanks
Yves