Re: Old Postcard Silver Patina

From: Tom Sobota ^lt;tsobota@teleline.es>
Date: 01/07/06-04:19:23 AM Z

Bálint,

Thanks for these references, they are very interesting.

They also seem to address mostly silver gelatin glass
negatives. This effect happens also on positives (as in
the example that started this thread) and has probably
the same origin.

But I have never seen it on albumin positives. Or perhaps
I just missed it, I don't know ... Could it be that the bond
between the silver grains and albumin is stronger and
doesn't allow migration?

Tom Sobota
Madrid, Spain