Re: Print Framing - A New Year's Resolution

From: Jack Brubaker ^lt;jack@jackbrubaker.com>
Date: 01/14/06-12:08:33 AM Z

Don,

I don't view 16x20 to be much of a problem in glass. If it will be on your
wall just use one of those little metal clips that the nail goes through so
it can't be pulled down till the wire slips off. I had a full sheet
watercolor in a wide mat behind glass crash to the floor in the middle of
the night last year because I left it for 6 years on a very small wire nail.
A rude awakening. It is so nice to be able to dust and even scrub the glass.
Plastic requires so much more caution when cleaning. If portability is the
issue than weight may overrule scratch resistance. Since this is your
collection though I would guess you want to frame them once and hang them up
for life. In that case I'd stay with glass.

Jack