Print Framing - A New Year's Resolution

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 01/13/06-09:23:46 PM Z

One of my New Year's resolutions is to frame and hang work of my photography
collection. No, not my work, but work that I have in my collection made by
other photographers.

Several of the prints are quite large, and after matting and framing they
will be 16x20 or larger. So, I've thought it best to use acrylic or
plexi-glass instead of glass glass to reduce weight. The print media
includes, silver gelatin, photo-gravure, color ink jet, and alternative
process work.

What are the recommended products for this application and how should they
be prep'ed and cleaned. I vaguely recall that ammonia based cleaners
shouldn't be used since those may be abrasive to these kinds of plastics.

Any help will be appreciated,

Don Bryant