Re: Gesso sizing (Katharine) Ooops Gelatine Mold

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 01/19/06-02:20:38 PM Z

Katherine,

I have a nice floral gelatine mold that my mother used to make holiday salads
with... oooops wrong topic!

But seriously,,,,

1. What is the base or carrier for the gesso? Is it an acrylic? That
would seem to help with sizing, wouldn't it?

2. Since the print is being exposed to UV light, would that not kill off
the mold spores, or at least make them a little retarded? UV light is used in
water supply systems and air filters to kill mold spores, bacteria, etc, and I
would think the heavy dose given during printing should help...except where
the negative is very dense... maybe flashing the gelatine without dichromate
prior to coating & printing?

Best Wishes,
Mark I. Nelson
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com