Repost: (cheap and good) coating tool

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 01/20/06-12:15:43 PM Z

Gord, did you try this? This is the cheapest and best hand coating
tool I've found for both sizing and silver gelatin emulsion. With a
suitable surfactant and defoamer you can coat paper very quickly and
evenly without leaving holidays. I've tried all sorts of rollers from
several hardware stores including Home Depot but ALL of them leave
some texture no matter how I use them. Besides texture, foaming and
uneven coating are common problems especially with thick emulsion. The
area where you stop rolling and lift up gets more foam and thicker
coat than the middle of the rolling zone. So I bought a box of
replacement pads described in the attached post, and be done with
it. I don't roll any more.

Ryuji