Dissolving Ferric Oxalate Kallitype

From: Michael Koch-Schulte ^lt;mkochsch@shaw.ca>
Date: 01/20/06-06:39:47 PM Z

It's been over 24 hours since I mix my first batch of Ferric Oxalate (20%). I still have about a quarter to half an inch of "sludge" at the bottom of a 100 ml bottle. I've been intermittently shaking the bottle when I get the chance. Should just "stay the course" or is intervention required? Also, how pronouned is the white precipitate when doing the test for presence of Free Oxalic Acid. I'm not sure if I'm seeing just a milkly scum from the undissolved Ferric Oxalate or precipitate. Ferrix Oxalate was obtained from jdphotochem. Thx.

~m