Re: B&W Paper dissapearing

From: Agustin Barrutia ^lt;abarrutia@gmail.com>
Date: 01/24/06-08:14:42 PM Z

Thanks guys for your replies.

Ryuji:
Its funny how shops import almost every kind of digital camera available
in the market, but we just used to get 3 brands of B&W paper ( now only
one ), and no sheet film larger than 4x5. Actually the only B&W 4x5 they
import is Tmax 100. And a couple of options in color and slides. And its a
pitty to see Agfa go. I just loved APX contrast with the planar of my
rollei 2,8F.
I´m a young guy that got In love with photography when I was 16, and a
couple of years ago started to experiment with alt processes by different
reasons. One of them was to be able to make my own emulsions, papers and
even negatives, so if in the future the silver photo business disapears I
wouldn´t be affected by the big lost (though we all will).
Now, out of topic. What argentinian wines did you drink?. I recomend that
you get the /Alto-Las Hormigas/. They export their production, and if you
find the 2002 year its excellent. Actually here in Argentina the 2002 was
an excellent year for almost every winery. 2003 was good to, but not as
2002. And 2004 is not recomended.

Scott:

Its good to hear that they´ll continue to produce their Photochemical
products. That means that the problem resides in the importers in the
country. Maybe they reduced their production to a more localized market,
and Argentina was out of it.
But the price difference between 25 sheets of 8x10´ of Agfa FB
(24/28$ argentinian pesos) and that of the Ilford FB (45/60$) its quite
big!

I accept donations! :p

cheers

Agustin Barrutia,