Re: B&W Paper dissapearing

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 01/24/06-12:28:59 AM Z

Kodak discontinued manufacturing of all b&w paper, except one that
uses RA-4 process. AGFA is no more.

I think we have Fuji, Oriental, Forte, Foma Bohemia, Ilford, Kentmere
in b&w paper field. Does Maco actually manufacture paper? Chinese
Lucky is supposed to be manufacturing enlarging papers, both color and
b&w but I've never seen them available in the US. Konica makes color
paper (at least) in US but they'll shut the plant down
soon. Mitsubishi Electric Imaging makes enlarging paper but I think
they now make laser scanning exposure paper only.

On the day Konica Minolta announced to discontinue imaging business,
Fuji made an official announcement that they would continue their
silver photo business. But they don't want to trade their paper with
US beef, and for that matter they probably don't want to trade with
cows from any America... but you might try to trade with your finest
Nicholas Catena or something...

One thing I never understood is that, Argentinian wine is getting
expensive (the kind of stuff that I got 3 bottles for $6 in 1990 is
now $20 each!), and papers made in Eastern Europe are also expensive,
even when compared to the finest products of Agfa-Gevaert.