Re: The Antiquarian Avant-Garde

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 01/27/06-02:00:07 AM Z

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, John Brewer wrote:

> I'll have a look around but bookshops here in the UK seem to carry such a
> small stock of these types of tomes. I've just seen one on Amazon so I'll
> think I'll order it on your recommendation.

I'd bet you'll be glad you did....

For me, aside from Lyle Rexer's perceptive writing, the appeal of this
book is the broad spectrum of aesthetics, rather than specific technique.
There will be work, perhaps Dan Estabrook & Jayne Hinds Bidaut (who come
to mind or to memory, tho possibly spelled wrong) that is new to you --
and surely enlarge, perhaps even ecstatically, your sense of the field &
its possibilities.

The rest, IMO, is mechanics... Not to denigrate mechanics of course,
without it the car goes nowhere -- but .... how do you spell exelsior ?!

cheers,

Judy