A camera question for alt-photo.

From: Ehud Yaniv <eyaniv_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 10:29:23 -0700

Hi all,

I have just been told that I will be receiving a contract signing bonus in
September which I would like to use for a camera.

Frankly, I would like to buy a 4 x 5 but that would take my signing bonus as
well as my wife's because I would like to buy new. On the other hand, I
could buy a D200 with only my bonus.

I don't have a darkroom right now and I live quite a ways from a pro lab. I
will be taking some Photoshop courses in the fall and have everything to
make digital negatives.

Any suggestions for someone in my position.

Thanks.

Ehud

PS: And, I am not trying to start a film vs. digital debate!