Re: "Split-tone" with gum.

From: Katharine Thayer <kthayer_at_pacifier.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 09:54:39 -0700

And in fact if this were the principle behind the effect, then it
seems to me the highlights would be red rather than blue or green,
since the PR 101 is a very sedimentary, granulating pigment and both
pthalos are not at all. So the reasonable expectation would be that
the PR 101 would settle down into the paper and be a definite factor
in the color of the highlights, rather than not being there at all,
and only the blue or green showing. So the explanation for the split-
tone effect has to be something other than separation of pigments
because of the settling quality of one of the pigments.
Katharine