Re: Watercolor pigments - pigments to avoid...

From: Katharine Thayer <kthayer_at_pacifier.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:44:01 -0700

Hi Matt,
Actually, Prussian is fine for gum, so it's not the pigment itself
that's problematic, but maybe the Grumbacher paint. Grumbacher I
wouldn't recommend, as it's not really an artist quality line of
paint, and I see you are replacing yours with a better paint, which
is good. I don't know what the indigo hue would be in your case; it
is generally a blue mixed with lamp black, but the blue can be
anything from prussian to ultramarine to pthalo to cerulean. At any
rate, any of the blues will print well in gum.
Katharine