RE: Watercolor pigments - pigments to avoid...

From: Loris Medici <mail_at_loris.medici.name>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:09:43 +0300

AFAIK (after some web browsing), gelatine will retain 95% of its gelling
power even after kept in a solution temperature of 50-60C for one hour (I
kept the gelatine solution at 50C for not more than 10 minutes)... Many
other resources on emulsion making and sizing state a temperature around
50-55C. Since gelatine's melting point is about 40C, I don't think an extra
10C would be so harmful to it...

Loris.

  _____