Re: palladium drydown and developer

From: TERRYAKING_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 02:38:32 -0400 (EDT)

Dear David

Think again.

You have got the thing the wrong way round.

This is supposed to be a discussion list where people exchange ideas and from
time to time challenge those ideas.

.There are ways of presenting information impartially so that people can make
objectiver judgements. If people do not present their ideas in this way it is
right to point it out. It is also right to point out when people have got
their facts wrong or have misinterpreted them. You do both here.

I have been presenting information freely for thirty years. There are
thousands of hits on my web site every week People download many megs a week from the
site all for free ! You appear to condemn me for drawing attention to just
one pdf for which I am charging a fee..You may have noticed that people charge
for books and workshops.

I f I decide to keep the single coat gum for presentations at meetings of
experts that is really up to me. I will also present, asphaltum prints, the
cyanotype rex, chrysotype rex, and gum and platinum prints with little or no dry
down. People with a deeep knowledge of photography will be able to handle these
prints and challenge anything I say.

I am afraid that one of the all to well known problems of web discussion
lists is that not everyone who contributes presents their ideas in an objective
manner.. Sometimes they will try to dominate a list as they feel that they
should be in charge. These are the people, David, who attack those with knowledge,
cause flame wars and are smoke and mirrors and, David, these are the people
who are betraying you.

Terry