Re: palladium drydown and developer

From: TERRYAKING_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 03:02:13 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 20/07/2006 22:17:01 GMT Daylight Time, rs@silvergrain.org
writes:

> There is no question of what the dry down is phenomenologically. It's
> the increase of optical density once the material dries.

Loris

There have been some very helpful and informative posts on this subject.
These posts have impressed through the knowledge and experience shown.

Etienne has explained how dry down for silver gelatine prints is allowed for
in professional darkrooms. It is similar to my own experience.also in
professional darkrooms. It has been explained how dry down also affects platinum
prints, what you say above is that platinum prints get darker as they dry, but
when I say that I have found a method of making platinum prints, with little
or no dry down, you say 'what is new about that ?'

Terry