RE: palladium drydown and developer

From: Gawain Weaver <gawain.weaver_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:15:26 -0400

The increase in dmax due to a coating is usually explained by the fact that
it reduces diffuse scattering, so that less of the light that strikes the
dmax area is reflected back to your eye, but instead behaves more like it is
striking a mirror (angle of incidence = angle of reflection). The same
principle is used, though in a more exaggerated fashion, to produce the dmax
in a daguerreotype.

Gawain