RE: palladium drydown and developer

From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs_at_silvergrain.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:35:04 -0400

For silver-gelatin prints, I use subtraction of exposure. For example,
if I get perfect test strip at exposure time of t seconds, I use 0.9t
seconds for the final prints. If the final print is to be toned in
polysulfide or polysulfide plus selenium, I may further cut the exposure
time, as these toners can darken the image a day after drying the print.

The factor above (0.9) is not far from what's used in reality, but some
paper requires smaller factor than others.

Also, using a dim viewing light in darkroom is important to prevent
prints that look too dark in real life situation.

Ryuji