Re: Voting list members off the island

From: Sandy King <sanking_at_clemson.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 23:32:37 -0400

>Gordon decides who has been so insulting to fellow list members as
>to merit expulsion from the list; for those who fail to reach that
>level but whose contributions we personally find annoying or not
>useful, or for discussions that don't interest us, the delete key
>or a kill file is the reasonable solution. My 2cents.
>
>Katharine

I agree with Katharine. Regardless of what we may think of another
list member's interactions with the group it can not be a good thing
for the list to engage in discussions about banning folks. If one
feels strongly that someone needs to be banned, the proper course of
action would be to join with others and send your thoughts directly
to Gordon. In the end there is no positive end to be served by
carrying on this type of discussion on the list, since ultimately any
decision to boot someone off will be made by Gordon.

Sandy King