Re: Voting list members off the island

From: Richard Corbett <richard_at_rwc.my-bulldog.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:58:23 +0100

Sensibly said dear lady.

The 'witches of salem' syndrome should not be allowed to flourish on any
group, but unfortunately it does and to the detriment of both free speech
and the perfectly reasonable practice of disagreement.

The tyranny of the heard is a not uncommon phenomenon on internet news
groups while the ability to choose "not to read" anything is a gift bestowed
upon all of us at birth.

Controversy and disputation are at the very cornerstone of the democratic
process and indeed are supposed to be the veritable essence of the American
ethos.

Not all truths are obvious and indeed the truth is often a matter of opinion
and that/those opinion(s) should be freely expressed, and without the need
to fear retribution from anyone.

Words cannot hurt you - unless you allow them to.

Personally I like Terry King because he enabled me to attend a talk and
display of Autochromes produced by a member of the Rothschild's family and
he did that without knowing anything about me.

I would describe him as a kindly old gent with an oversize beard and the
heart of a Lion.
An enthusiast of the old school, and you don't come across many of those
these days.
When he finally 'snuffs-it' his body should be preserved in aspic, put on
display in a public place where it will remain on view for eternity.

Alleluia and praise the Lord

Richard