Re: "How Old", "The Killing Fields" and Photo Crit

From: Sandy King <sanking_at_clemson.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:20:03 -0400

Jack,

I agree that we should keep things in perspective. In particular I
don't find the use of the term "The Killing Fields" a very
appropriate one for describing list disagreements. It is like using
the term Holocaust to describe a brawl in a bar. For those who don't
remember, the "Killing Fields" refer to Cambodia, and the death, by
murder, torture or execution, of some 2 million Cambodians, under the
direction of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge. That represents about 30%
of the Cambodia population at the time.

Sandy