Re: "How Old", "The Killing Fields" and Photo Crit

From: Judy Seigel <jseigel_at_panix.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 17:36:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Jack Fulton wrote:
> ..... We
> cannot all
> be as Mother Teresa (her name was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu) or any other
> marvelous
> individual emanating for any other world religion. Let's be cool midst
> hot-heads and
> not adult-err-rate the beauty of what we have.
> And, re the "rooted for 10+ years" . . think of tribal conflict. Hoo boy.

Jack, you may not be aware of this, but a considerable outcry against
"Mother Theresa" says that she cruelly denied pain relief to her dying
patients, for some reason about something like suffering being good for
the soul. (And I'm NOT making this up. Have read it several places &
several times.)

J.