RE: One coat gum - first one for me - how is it for you?

From: davidhatton_at_totalise.co.uk
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 10:26:28 +0100
('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Hi Judy,

I have Post Factory open at all the gum pages when I'm working. It's like
learning to play golf without the walking. Keep your head still, lock you wrist,
swing the brush back keeping your elbow straight, bring it back through the same
arc....then throw your print in the bin :)

>As for the floodlight being good for gum printing, one shouldn't argue
>with another person's success of course, but when I tried gum with
>floodlights, approximately 150 years ago, I found the heat tended to fog
>the print, and of course lower contrast. You might therefore aim a small
>fan at the exposing print if you haven't already.

Strange, I don't have a problem at all with heat on the print. The varnish on my
table is melting but for some reason the glass stays cool.

Keep on dusting the piano,

David H

---- - Madasafish - Voted Best Heavy Consumer Broadband Provider in the 2006 Internet Industry Awards http://www.madasafish.com/