nuArc 26-1K - initial setup, calibration, testing...

From: G Guhan Gunaratnam <guruguhan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:59:21 -0400

Hello,

I was initially planning on getting an HID to do alt process prints, I
placed my order and have been waiting for three weeks. While waiting I
started to look at timers, and I was then turned towards light integrators
by Sandy on APUG. Iıve been looking for integrators since and then ran
across a used nuArc 26-1k for sale at an amazing price, in my city. So
tonight, Iım sitting here with it, beaming with joy (I finally have an
artificial light source!).

I donıt know how to test one properly or calibrate it. I briefly used one
at the APUG conference, thatıs it.

Before buying it, I made sure the vacuum frame worked (it does) and that the
lighting worked (it does, but the light doesnıt reach full power
instantaeously ­ looking at the 26-1ks documentation, they say that model
does ­ should I expect the same from the 1k? I thought I remember the light
powering up rapidly at the conference.

If it isnıt powering up quickly ­ is it just a matter of replacing the bulb?
The unit itself is in very good condition, so I donıt believe it was
mistreated/abused.

How do I calibrate the units, preferably so that 1unit is 1sec (unless this
isnıt recommended). Can I download a manual anywhere?

After reading the archives, I noticed someone saying they were experiencing
hotspots on their prints (Mark perhaps?). Was it ever fixed? Was it a
problem with the reflector?

Any help would be appreciated. Just want to make sure its tuned up, and
ready to go.

Thanks a lot,
Gu