Re: gold print

From: marc bruhat <m.bruhat_at_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:59:46 +0200

lives the king!!!
oups, soory, the rex!!!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
  To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 10:01 AM
  Subject: Re: gold print

  In a message dated 13/6/06 8:29:28 am, m.bruhat@free.fr writes:

    in 1994.

    To realize this print, I print as for the platinum with the method ammonium ferric oxalat and humidification before lighting UVA with the same formulate that the platinum, substitute simply the platinum by the gold.

    Only, as the contrast with gold in these conditions is very strong, I have realized a film with very weak contrasts.

    You can see it on this announcement, before I do separate.

    This easy printing system and cheaper becomes interesting with inkjet films.

    And then that can be a good introduction before pass to the chrysotype of Mike Ware...

    Marc Bruhat

  Most of these things are fairly simple; it is just that there is a propensity for people to make them far too complicated.

  I made a print substituting gold salts for the platinum salts around the same time. In my experience
  the result rather lacked in tone. One way of improving the contrast was to add a drop of platinum or palladium to the mixture. Even then I was not particularly satisfied with the result as I had produced a gold print with a beautiful range of tone and colour some time earlier. The chemistry was simple but the method needed a lot of work to make that simple too. This has now become the chrysotype rex..

  Terry