Re: gold print

From: Marek Matusz <marekmatusz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 22:24:28 +0000

Loris,
You are correct, at low RH the color will be pink to red, with little
printout, at higher humidity it will shift toward blue and finally black or
greenish black. I use weak citric acid, typically 0.5 to 1% as one shot
developer. DIssolved gold chloride from the print will continue reducing in
the developer giving it a pink cast and staining subsequent prints.
I use a clearing bath that is sodium EDTA, citric acid, sodium bisulfite
mix, about a teaspoon each to a liter. It clears many prints. The color of
the print will change in the clearing bath, maybe further development takes
place there.
Marek