RE: gold print

From: Loris Medici <mail_at_loris.medici.name>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:45:24 +0300

Thanks Marek. Mike Ware says "...Oxalic acid causes the most intense and
striking red/blue colour splits and the longest tonal range..." for *his
version of chemistry*. Therefore I will try it with Oxalic acid first. Since
I'm using digital negatives, I can easily fine tune the negative according
to the coating solution's contrast. Will make some trials later today - I
plan to dry paper under a stream of hot air before the exposure. After the
exposure will tape the paper on a sheet of glass and place the glass over a
tray of water (print face towards water) in order to humify the paper before
development (I don't want to loose delicate highlight tones in developer) -
will observe the degree of printout with this practice as well. Will then
develop it in 1% oxalic acid. We'll see what happens. I will also try to add
a small amnt. of Sodium Tungstate to the coating solution - if the coating
solution's contrast is too high. I wonder if Sodium Tungstate will help to
lower the contrast as it does in Ziatypes (I hope it won't precipitate
metallic gold out of solution).

Regards,
Loris.