Re: toning "lumen" prints

From: Christina Z. Anderson <zphoto_at_montana.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 15:01:39 -0600

Marek,
I am using regular enlarging paper, not standard silver chloride paper...I
know that the standard POP paper available from, say, Chicago albumen works
or some such place is silver chloride and everyone tones that before fixing,
but to my understanding, most enlarging papers are a combo of bromide and
chloride emulsions, correct? In other words, my question of toning doesn't
relate to traditional silver chloride only papers but the darkroom enlarging
papers like Ilford MGIV. You have made Lumen prints on those and toned
those papers, too?? And before fixing?
Chris