OFF-TOPIC: South Eastern Australian listmembers: large format SIG

From: Peter McDonald <viewcam_at_incanberra.com.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 18:53:30 +1000

[Apologies to the list for the off topic post; as someone else has
noted, this list has an amazing number of members, many of whom use a
large format camera.]

Hi:

Any on the list who are physically located in South-Eastern Australia,
i.e. the Sydney/Canberra/Melbourne area: in discussion with a couple of
other large format photographers at a workshop at the weekend, the idea
was raised of developing a large format special interest group.

We are interested in getting together a group of like-minded people who
would be interested in meeting in some central location a few times a
year to exchange experiences, technical information, and perhaps even
take some photographs ( --:) ).

Two of us are based in Canberra, and the third is in Mansfield in the
Victorian High Country. We will be canvassing other large format users
in our respective areas, and would like to talk to others from
Melbourne and Sydney (and points in between).

One issue to be sorted is where a central location between Sydney and
Melbourne might be.

Anyway, please email me off-list if you are interested.

Peter McDonald
Canberra, Australia.