Re: Dry Plates too!!

From: Robert Newcomb <newcombr_at_uga.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:09:20 -0400

Hello,
I too am interested in learning to make a gelatin emulsion that can
be coated onto glass for in camera use. Since very large sheet film
is getting harder to get and way more expensive I am motivated to do
something for myself. I have used photo paper in pinhole and lens
cameras in the past and can be quite happy with the slow speed and
non- panchromatic light response. I have thought about the wet
plate process but would really really like to make some dry plate
emulsions. I have also searched the web and found very limited
information. The store bought emulsions seem to suffer from fog,
vary from batch to batch due to age and are expensive.
Any help will be appreciated.
regards,
Robert Newcomb