Misc questions related to work areas and safety

From: G Guhan Gunaratnam <guruguhan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:05:48 -0400

Hello,

I was wondering if one must put a curtain or something similar around your
exposure unit. Iım using a 26-1k and it is sitting in what used to be my
dining room. I will be putting up a curtain to cut down on the light which
comes from the attached living room and then use something to block the
light coming from a window (piece of foamboard maybe). What kind of ambient
meter reading would you get in your work area? (assuming the safelight is
off). I donıt think Iıll have a light-tight area.

Is it a good idea to put up a second curtain/something directly around the
exposure unit?

Should I wear UV sunglasses or protect my eyes in some way while exposing?
Would super cheap sunglasses from the drugstore that say UV work? (or do I
need to have a decent pair)?

 ...and one unrelated Q... Do you ever buy artists paper online? I tried to
get some COT 320 locally, and they had no idea what I wanted. If you do buy
online...where? Is it packed well?

Thanks for all the help

Gu