Re: posting from Nabble

From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs_at_silvergrain.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 03:59:38 -0400 (EDT)

From: "tomi (sent by Nabble.com)" <lists@nabble.com>
Subject: posting from Nabble
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:29:41 -0700 (PDT)

> We noticed that some of you are concerned about Nabble users being
> able to post to this list without subscription, so I would like to
> explain why this is so, and what are the possible changes we can
> make at Nabble.

I read your clarification and I understand what you said, but I still
don't think there is any advantage in going through all those to
provide a second door to the same place.

> I would also want to point out that when somebody registers at
> Nabble, we do verify their email, so it is not really an anonymous
> posting.

Does your privacy policy allow such an action? Interesting... but
then, you'll be bothered to gather information about subscribers too
frequently so that you won't have weekends and vacation.

> Also posts at Nabble can be rated, and if somebody's posts are
> consistently rated low, we would stop sending their posts to lists
> using the shared lists@nabble.com address (they can still post using
> their real address, which the list owner can decide to block).

That system won't work for this list. Did we vote for top-down
v. bottom-up, boiled gelatin v. luke-warm gelatin, or something like
that? Truth is not discovered by consensus. Art is not made by voting.

However, if there's a list for French politics on nabble.com I might
check that out and start voting.