Re: posting from Nabble

From: tomi (sent by Nabble.com) <lists_at_nabble.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 01:22:46 -0700 (PDT)

Ryuji Suzuki wrote:

> I read your clarification and I understand what you said, but I still
> don't think there is any advantage in going through all those to
> provide a second door to the same place.

Nabble tries to provide a better web interface - searchable, threaded
archives, where one can read and post at the same time. You can go for
example to our Photography category,
http://www.nabble.com/Photography-f63.html, and search quite a few photo
related lists at the same time. Then you can immediately reply to a post you
find interesting, or ask a question, without having to go through yet
another list subscribe/unsubscribe process. And you can set an email alert
for a search of your interest, and be notified when a matching post appears
in any of those lists (yes, this is how we noticed you talk about Nabble).

>> I would also want to point out that when somebody registers at
>> Nabble, we do verify their email, so it is not really an anonymous
>> posting.
>
> Does your privacy policy allow such an action?

We verify that they can receive emails at this address, exactly the same way
a list subscription is verified - by sending a confimation link to this
address for them to click on. I didn't say we verify identity :-)

Tomislav Gountchev
Nabble.com