Re: Gertrude Käsebier

From: Randall Ellis <reellis67_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:13:50 -0400

There is a good piece on her the Aperture book titled "Photography
Speaks: 150 Photographers on their art"
ISBN: 1-931788-50-2

The quote from this book that I found most interesting is her statement
that "The key to artistic photography is to work out your own thoughts,
by yourselves. Imitation leads to certain disaster." As Sandy stated
previously, she was big on feeling and emotion in her work and felt that
composition was key to transmitting this feeling to the viewer.

- Randy