Alternative Process Traveling Portfolio for 2006

From: Don Bryant <dstevenbryant_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:40:15 -0400

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would make a post to the list informing everyone that the
deadline for submitting to the next round of the Alternative Process
Traveling Portfolio has been extended until the end of August. Submissions
for this round are limited to U.S. residents only. For further details and
submission guidelines, please e-mail Robert Cockrell ( rc3@flash.net ) or
me, Don Bryant ( dstevenbryant@mindspring.com ). Robert is the official
manager of the APTP and he has informed me that Gawain Weaver a conservator
with the Eastman house has asked to view the portfolio. Therefore, you may
wish to accept this opportunity to have your work viewed by the Eastman
house conservators. Just to be clear though, they are not representing the
George Eastman House in an official capacity but have a great interest in
contemporary alternative process work.

Jeffrey Mathias has also helped in previos rounds by scanning submissions
and posting them on the web for viewing so that will be another opportunity
to have your work shown to a wider audience. In past rounds, we have had a
large number of list members participate in the APTP, it would be nice to
see some new names added to that list this year.

As I mentioned above, submissions are restrained to U.S. members only.
Hellena Cleary is also organizing a European version of the APTP so you may
wish to contact her for information if you reside outside of the U.S. I
believe Hellena has set a submission deadline of September 10th.
Additionally if I remember correctly, the submissions for the Euro APTP
would be shown at Euro APIS this year. For detailed information concerning
the Euro APTP, please contact Hellena ( hncleary@hncleary.plus.com ).

Don Bryant