Re: Masking

From: Clay Harmon <wcharmon_at_wt.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:07:41 -0500

I have noticed the same phenomenon. I think light is refracting to
the edge of the negative and exposing your paper. Sort of like a film
version of fiber optic transmission. The only solution I know is the
one you have found - e.g. put the mask between the paper and the
negative. I use a vacuum frame, so ensuring sharpness at the edges
has not been an issue. Either get a vacuum frame or a really stout
contact printing frame.

Clay