Re: posting from Nabble

From: etienne garbaux <photographeur_at_nerdshack.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:54:15 -0400

Nabble wrote:

> You can * * * search quite a few photo related lists at the same time.
> Then you can immediately reply to a post you find interesting, or ask
> a question, without having to go through yet another list
> subscribe/unsubscribe process.

That is precisely what is wrong with Nabble, in the opinion of (apparently)
many of us. We have, over a long time, established a community here with
its own personality, as has every list that is worth anything. To
participate actively in that community, we justifiably ask that someone
take the trouble to join, to learn our ways and quirks, and to find a way
to fit in. We have (unwisely, in my view, but with the consensus of the
community) allowed non-participants to read the archive, but posting has
remained a privilege of admission to and membership in the community.
Without even having the decency to ask first, Nabble has decided for us
that our ways are outmoded and should be changed, and has unilaterally
implemented such a change. Forgive me if I think this is outrageous,
besides being a flagrant violation of copyright law.

Best regards,

etienne