Re: Inkjet printer (large format)?

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 03/01/06-05:31:55 PM Z

Ryuji,

as I said to Mark, it seems that printing negatives and possibly fine color
or b&w prints is demanding on the printer and they don't seem to last long
before showing sign of wear. What you say below seems to agree with other
readings I've done. If it is possible to find out the MTBF (Mean Time Before
Failure) of a printer in terms of top quality prints we could figure out if
it is worthed to buy one in the first place. I know the hardware in these
printers is relatively fragile stuff but can we expect 100, 250, 500 or more
fine prints or negatives from these printer before the quality degrades???

I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was a 100 or less on average. Of
course quality is subjective and quality for me is probably not the same as
it is for others.

Regards
Yves