source for glutaraldehyde

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 03/03/06-12:00:14 PM Z

Good morning, all!
I finally found a source for glutaraldehyde, Maxicide specifically, made by
Henry Schein. There is a 2.5% solution and a Maxicide Plus that is a 3.4%
or something, the higher one not being necessary.

This company is in Greensboro NC and they will ship out quarts and are
extremely nice to deal with. A quart will last a LONNNNNNG time. With
shipping it'll probably total about $20, as a quart is $12.
http://www.4webster.com/contact.asp
Tell them Christina sent you :)

The problem with buying glut is that you have to buy it from a medical
supply place and a lot of places have minimum $100 orders or you have to
have a medical account. I tried a number of dentists in town and that
didn't work, either. Thus you can imagine my happiness to find this
company. I thought I'd share the wealth.

Ryuji, just want to confirm this is the same stuff you sent me?? Maxicide
brand??

I have been using the Black Magic hardener this week with the class, having
half of them use the Maxicide which i have little left of, and half use the
Black Magic. I will report if there is a problem with the Black Magic in
hardening, but the problem with it is it stinks like sulfur with the
addition of sodium sulfite. Hence my search for just plain glut.

 My other concern is that is sodium sulfite, chemists, is it a higher pH?
Because with the alkalinity of the FAEW the acid glut used in the gelatin
was perfect to keep the paper acid enough not to bleach the cyanotype. Am I
wrong to assume sodium sulfite is alkaline?

Later dudes and dudettes,
Chris