Re: source for glutaraldehyde & which gelatine ?

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 03/06/06-02:44:01 AM Z

In a message dated 04/03/2006 14:02:13 GMT Standard Time, wcharmon@wt.net
writes:

Omission of hardeners can certainly be an occasionally useful creative
control. In some instances where stained highlights will add something
artistically to a particular image, I will intentionally omit hardener from my gelatin
sizing. OTOH, if problem-free, no-hassle, crisp and clear highlights are
needed, a gelatin hardener makes this easy to achieve.

Clay

Clay

You will get perfectly good highlights without staining if you use the right
gelatine. If I have been doing it very successfully for many years.

Have you expored whether there could be some other reason why you are
getting staining ?

Terry

Terry

Terry King FRPS