Re: transmissive densities - Glossy vs. Premium Semigloss

From: Jon Lybrook ^lt;jon@terabear.com>
Date: 03/18/06-02:10:09 PM Z

Thanks Loris!

http://lytescapes.com

This is the site containing my artwork, above. It consists mostly of
chemigrams that are done on film, most of which are now reproduced via
inkjet, lightjet, and photogravure (though gravure is my main focus
now). I have a few monotypes too. I don't have it divided into
originals and types of prints, though that might be a very good thing to
do as the body of gravures I've been working on grows.

Locking the scanner settings changed my relative readings a little bit.
  I'm now seeing a 1% difference between Glossy and Premium Semigloss in
the blackest blacks and 2% in the next blackest blacks. It is seemingly
minute, but the difference still quite perceptible with the gravure
process and exposure times I'm using.

Best wishes,
Jon