RE: New Orleans, A Gallery of Fine Photography, and Carbon

From: Gordon J. Holtslander ^lt;holtsg@duke.usask.ca>
Date: 03/19/06-12:11:57 AM Z

One of the things that got me into alt-photo was seeing first hand some
tri-color carbons, done by Luis Nadeau. Don't know if he still produces
any. Saw these in the mid 80's

Gord

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006, Don Bryant wrote:

> At this gallery I saw the most amazing tricolor carbon print--if i had had
> $12,000 I would have bought it. I can now understand why tricolor carbon is
>
> just... beyond words. It still exhibits a relief. It was by a man named
> Rene Pauli who went to the grave 6 years ago with his secrets, as he died of
>
> a heart attack while carbon printing. If I can be so lucky to die of a
> heart attack while making gum prints--not from drinking dichromate of
> course....did anyone know him personally?
>

> This may help a bit:
>
> /lists/alt-photo-process/1996/alt96a/0009.html
>
> /lists/alt-photo-process/alt95/1615.html
>

> Don

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2