Making carbon tissue

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 03/21/06-09:21:09 AM Z

Hi everyone,

I was reading Sandy King primer on carbon printing
http://www.cartage.org.lb/en/themes/arts/photography/specialphot/pigment/pri
mercarb.htm and I wanted to have an idea on how tick the coating would be
and I notice that his recommendations gave an increasing tickness of the
coating with an increase in size. Here are the values I've calculated
(5x7->0.092mm, 8x10->0.169mm, 11x14->0.221mm, 16x20->0.315mm)

I wonder what is the logic (if any) behind this increase in tickness with
size? These values are also quite thin compared with others I've seen. What
would you say in general about the tickness of the coating and what
properties does it influence in (on) the print?

Thanks
Yves