Re: Mixing argyrotypes

From: Clay ^lt;wcharmon@wt.net>
Date: 03/19/06-08:07:18 AM Z

It is definitely a different color than VDB, certainly prints well on
a negative with a shorter density range than either salt or VDB, and
according to Mike Ware, has distinctly better archival properties
than either VDB or salt. On the negative side, it is much more
particular about which paper you use and in general, seems 'fussy' in
practice.

  Whether this makes up for the hassle of mixing it up is open to
debate. But it is a different animal than either of the other two
processes you mentioned. FWIW, I tried it for a while and never went
back.

Clay